610 West End Avenue is an apartment building designed by George and Edward Blum, completed in 1912 and located in Manhattan's Riverside West End Historic District.
The building is entered through a deeply recessed courtyard ending in the magnificent glass and iron facade of the lobby. The long canvas canopy sheltering the visitor from the sidewalk to the entrance doors obscures the beautiful design of the lobby wall. This project will improve the entrance courtyard by removing the cloth canopy, providing a steel and glass canopy in its stead, providing new lighting, new granite flooring and better landscaping.
STATUS: Schematic design completed.
Françoise Bollack Architects
Françoise Bollack, AIA, Principal In Charge
Elizabeth Barnhill Strauss, RA, Project Manager
Structural Engineer: Robert Silman Associates